Hindu Temple Of Long Island
- Promote educational, cultural, religious and social activities which are consistent with Hindu philosophy and practice.
- Develop community service projects to promote the sprit of giving and helping our communities.
- Develop religious and cultural education programs and discussion sessions.
- Organize social, cultural and religious events and celebrate Hindu festivals.
- Promote awareness of the "Hindu way of life" based on Vasudhaiv Kutumbakam within ourselves and our community.
- Cater to the needs of the community in accordance with Hindu religion:
- If any member seeks spiritual help, provide counseling to boost their morale and self-esteem
- In times of sickness and hospitalization, provide religious healing by praying for our members
- Help our members to arrange funeral services and provide religious advice.
- Cultivate a better understanding of Indian culture among children of Indian origin in the USA